You will need to install either the application or Unity editor plugin before creating game data files.
Game data editor can open/initialize an empty file or open an existing one to try to read it and fix logical errors, if any.
Files with broken formatting or unsupported data structure cannot be opened.
Option 1: Unity editor extension
- Right-click inside the Project window in your Unity editor
- Select Create → Game Data → Game Data (<format>) in the popup menu
Option 2: Standalone application
- Create an empty file with an extension matching the desired data format:
- JSON - mydata.json
- BSON - mydata.bson
- XML - mydata.xml
- Message Pack - mydata.msgpack
- Launch game data editor with SERVE command and dataBase parameter pointing to the file you've just created.
- Made some changes in game data and save them.